Unlocker Light for Cities XL 2012
Welcome to the Unlocker Light for CXL 2012 - an effort to finally replace the outdated Unlocker mods of the past.
Thanks to Netuno, we now have Portuguese translation of the Unlocker! If you'd like to use it, please download the new versions of either the Real or Light files (depending on which one you were using). If you don't plan on using Portuguese translation, you don't need to do anything - there are no other changes in the new versions.
This version contains all buildings, except the Desalination Plant (you could get it from Hyperwolf's unlock) and the San Francisko City Hall, which is in the game as ploppable anyway. Most buildings can be plopped indefinitely (not only once), and appear almost immediately at city start. The "Blueprints' are now ploppable (single plop), and are found in the relevant Pack -> Buildings (NOT in Pack->Blueprints!). Also, the Lite version doesn't require XLN UIM to run.
WARNING: it's advisable to install either the Lite or the Realistic version, not both at once!
As usual, please report any problems.
Update Lite 1.1:
Problems solved with Sydney Opera and Budha statue.
- Added the two Blueprint ships - RMS Titanic and the Aircraft Carrier - You can construct them only after building the Shipyard!
- Added three more buildings: The Cocoon Tower and the Mori Tower 02 (both are XL Office towers), and the Culture Center - a T2 Cultural Leisure
This mod unlocks a number of buildings already in the game, some of which were available only for certain CXL accounts or types, and others which were simply locked. All buildings are fully functional (not eye candy), and are also designed to fill certain roles in the game. The entire mod is compatible with XLN UIM (which is required to run), and all the latest most important mods for CXL 2012. Please report any conflicts.
We're aware that there are probably some buildings we've missed here, so please report all you can find and we'll include them in future updates.
Here is a list of the buildings included (for now), and their functions:
- Nelson column - ploppable statue (no workers required, no road access required)
- Sophia's Bell Tower - ploppable Landmark
- Rodinamat Statue in Kiev - Landmark, produces Holidays
- Berlin Cathedral - Landmark
- Berlin National Gallery - Cultural Leisure (I've simply reduced the pop. requirement, so it would appear earlier)
- Berlin's Reichstag building - XL Security Landmark
- London St Paul Cathedral - Landmark
- London Admiralty Arch - Landmark
- New York Trump Building - XL Office
- LA Royce hall - Cultural Leisure Landmark
- Sydney Australian Museum - Cultural Leisure Landmark
- Sydney St Mary's Cathedral - Landmark
- Sydney Queen Victoria building - Landmark
- The Coccoon Tower - Office Landmark
- Tokyo Mori Tower 2 - Office Landmark
- Shipyard - later this building will be required for construction of Blueprint ships (RMS Titanik, Aircraft Carrier)
Most of the buildings are in the Landmarks section; some are in the Civic services section, and the Leisure ones - under Cultural Leisure.
There are two buildings that are not Landmarks, but are interesting: One is the BMW's Headquarters (which snick also unlocked yesterday), which functions as a Food Industry special office; the other is the San Jose City hall, which functions as an University (XL Education; there's also a new Cultural center building.
Finally, thanks to the great work Bandit did, and with the help of Altiris, we've unlocked and made fully functional 10 new (old) Blueprints:
- the Budha Statue
- Angkor Wat complex
- The Great Pyramid of Ghiza
- San Francisko City Hall (now also as a Blueprint, with more bonuses)
- Transamerica Pyramid building
- Sydney Opera House
- The Desalination Plant
- The Olympic Pool stadium
- RMS Titanik
- The Aricraft Carrier
NOTE: These Blueprints are found in the various packs, just as all others. Note also that they require resources to build, just like normal Blueprints! Also note that the maintenance price for the new BPs is variable - it grows during the building process, as it used to be during the Planet Offer. I like it better that way, because it feels more 'natural' for the project to cost more the more advanced its stage is. However, the final maintenance price won't show from the very beginning.
NOTE 2: Sometimes the Unlock requirements don't kick in for some reason.... this is normally fixed by turning off and back on the Expert mode in the city (the game then reevaluates all Unlock requirements and everything settles down).
If you are using any other Unlocker, you may try to uninstall it and replace it with this one. Success is guaranteed for new cities, but not for old cities (because we're not sure we've covered all buildings that the other Unlockers inlcude). Please be aware that the Beach and Ski buildings are unlocked with other mods (CLM, for example)! The best way to use this Unlocker is with CLM installed, since thus you could make use of some effects there.
Report any problems by posting the last line of your crash log - this would give us an idea what buildings are missing.
all of those buildings awasome but how to i download these mods:S.these buildings downloadable right?
Thanx a lot:).
Amazing ! Thanks a lot !!!! Starting to look for more things to unlock....
Sorry, I was still working on the content of the entry It should be functional now.
I have the Unlocker v.5 installed and I have placed some of this buildings in my city ( Berlin Cathedral and so on...). I do not know if I should try this one. The unlocker v.5 do not let build the landmarks in the game...
This is great indeed. Is there anyway to add the 3 stadiums that u5 adds to the leisure/sports category?
Hello Soltan do you know if your mod is compatible with this unlocker : zzCXLmod118Deblocage_de_batiments_v3.0_.patch?
thank you! i will test this mod tmr, but the pics are already looking great
thanks alot Soltan gris
How many buildings unlocked in this release?I guess all of these buildings not included in this patch right?